Signed in as:
- My Account
Signed in as:
2022/2023 Teaching Artists
Playground Stage Children’s Theatre is hiring Lead Teaching Artists for our 2022 Fall classes in and around Buncombe County and Asheville NC. Lead Teaching Artists will teach Musical Theatre classes after-school at our Buncombe County School Partner Schools.
About Playground Stage
Playground Stage is a non- profit 501(c)(3) Children’s Theatre based in Buncombe County and Asheville NC. Our mission is to empower and nurture children to learn 21st century skills using hands-on theatre education. Playground Stage specializes in teaching children in Kindergarten-6th grade. We believe in paying a competitive wage to our highly skilled and educated team members and promoting appropriate work/creative/life balance for our employees. We ask that our staff provide superior theatre arts educational experience to our students and create a learning environment where the whole child is nurtured mentally, creatively, and emotionally. We are a growing children’s theatre and we want to build our team with a diverse group of artists that reflect and care deeply about the community we serve.
Location, Dates and Times
Buncombe County Schools
Weekday Classes available M-F
Fall Classes Run Weeks of 9/12/2022-11/14/2022
Winter Classes Run Weeks of 11/28/2022-2/13/2023
Spring Classes Run Weeks of 2/20/2023 - 5/15/2023
Required Working Hours between 2:00pm-5:00pm
Essential Requirements for a Teaching Artist
· Must have studied or are currently studying a theatre art form at a higher education institute or completed a professional theatre internship or have professional theatrical work experience.
· Must enjoy working with children in grades K-6th
· Must pass a fingerprinting and background check before the start of class
· Must attend teaching artist training before the start of class
· Must provide their own transportation to and from class
· Must provide 2 professional references
· Must be able to arrive to class 45 minutes before and leave after all children have been picked up (usually 15 minutes after the end of class)
· Pay is $65-$100/class depending on experience, opportunity to teach multiple classes a week.
· Teaching Artists will be employed as W2 employees
· Each teaching artist receives a stipend for training and professional development opportunities each semester
· Teaching Artists will receive CPR and First Aid training
To Apply Please Submit:
To Executive Director Leslie Putnam at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Resumes are being accepted on a rolling basis, we always are planning our next season!
Copyright © 2023 Playground Stage - All Rights Reserved.